CHETNA empowers South Asian victims of domestic violence by bringing them to safety, helping them rebuild their lives, and putting an end to their cycle of violence.
Job Posting at Chetna
Position: Client Advocate/Case Manager
Qualifications: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling, psychology and/or other related fields. Must speak a South Asian language, i.e. Hindi, Gujarati, Tamil, Urdu, etc.
Employment Type: Full time or Part-time
Direct Service and Advocacy
- Provide individual advocacy/ to survivors of violence, in the form of case management, peer-supportive counseling, information and resource referrals, interpretation and court accompaniment. Act as a liaison between client and external services.
- Build and maintain Advocacy/Counseling Resource Center; liaise and partner with resources, including government programs, housing and job centers
- Support groups, individual therapy as needed
- Answer help-line during office hours
Community Outreach and Education
Conduct outreach in the South Asian as well as broader communities through participation in community events and distribution of outreach material
- Assist with presentations to service providers and the community on cultural awareness and Domestic Violence.
- Build and maintain Chetna’s relationships with community members and key organizations. Proactively develop and maintain community contacts and resources.
- Participate in organizational events and meetings ; and represent Chetna at various forums, meetings, trainings, and community events as required
- Assist with Volunteer Management
Assist with Chetna’s Facebook, and representation in other social media.
- Share in administrative duties, such as filing and record keeping
- Perform additional duties as required
If you are interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.