Confidential helpline answered by advocates during business hours. Provide peer support and referrals to callers.
The purpose of CHETNA’s Case Management Program is to help clients assess their short and long term needs and goals in the areas of housing, counseling, legal, employment and education. CHETNA’s culture specific services are tailored to the needs of the individual, and customized to meet them where they are. Case managers assist clients in the following areas:
- Service Planning – assist clients in identifying short and long term goals and actions steps
- Safety Planning – assist clients in creating a plan to establish ongoing safety
- Peer Support
- Legal Advocacy/Court Accompaniment
- Referrals – researching and coordinating with mainstream and culture specific service providers
- Interpretation/Translation – liaison between client and other service providers
- Life Skills (budgeting, applying for benefits, accessing public transportation, apartment and job searches, parenting)
- Educational/Professional Workshops and Trainings (Workforce Development, Financial Literacy, Etc.)
Contracted Therapy Program
Individual counseling with licensed South Asian mental health professionals. Designed to assist victims of violence in their journey towards healing and well-being.
Peer led educational/informational support groups for clients allowing them to build a social network with other victims of violence, and to expand their support system.
Emergency Loan Program
Interest free loans in the areas of education, legal and transportation for clients who want to establish independence and self-sufficiency.
Flexible Transitional Housing Program
Rental /utility assistance and set up costs (1-6 months) for eligible clients that need help establishing safe and independent housing.