Confidential helpline answered by advocates during business hours. Provide peer support and referrals to callers.
The purpose of CHETNA’s Case Management Program is to help clients assess their short and long term needs and goals in the areas of housing, counseling, legal, employment and education. CHETNA’s culture specific services are tailored to the needs of the individual, and customized to meet them where they are. Case managers assist clients in the following areas:
- Service Planning – assist clients in identifying short and long term goals and actions steps
- Safety Planning – assist clients in creating a plan to establish ongoing safety
- Peer Support
- Legal Support
- Referrals – researching and coordinating with mainstream and culture specific service providers
- Interpretation/Translation – liaison between client and other service providers
- Life Skills (budgeting, applying for benefits, accessing public transportation, apartment and job searches, parenting)
- Educational/Professional Workshops and Trainings (Workforce Development, Financial Literacy, Etc.)
Domestic Violence Counseling
Individual domestic violence counseling with a licensed South Asian therapist. Designed to assist victims in their journey towards healing and well-being.
Therapist led psycho-educational groups for clients in topics such as self-esteem, mindfulness, coping and stress management strategies, and health and wellness. Designed to increase knowledge and to help clients expand their social support network in the hopes of reducing isolation.
Limited Financial Assistance
Available to active low-income clients for rent, utility assistance, legal retainers, educational and workforce development, based on a needs assessment.